MAC Roundtable Week 3: TheChipReport.com
I had the pleasure of asking the MAC’s round table a few questions this week and also answered my own questions.
Here are links to other MAC bloggers:
Check it out my responses here:
1) This week featured some out of conference games in which MAC schools had some strong showings but were unable to finish. Do these close calls do it for you or do these teams need to complete the upset to earn conference respect?
As a Chippewa fan and a fan of program that has had several “close calls” (Kentucky twice, BC, Northwestern, Purdue) I am really not satisfied with a close call anymore. CMU’s national presence during the Dan LeFevour years has already been forgotten, it’s time to start something new…
2) What Senior is really standing out as a pro prospect?
I have to go with Adrian Robinson, the DE from Temple. This kid sure looks like a pro defensive end and we saw first hand last season what he’s capable of. My guess is he goes somewhere in the 2nd round in the NFL draft.
3) With CMU traveling to Kalamazoo to take on the Broncos this weekend I thought it fitting to ask, which MAC rivalry is most heated and why?
The CMU/Western rivalry has to be the biggest game for me every year but to not sound like too much of a homer, I’ve gone with a that is not really a “rivalry”
Toledo vs. Northern Illinois is my rivalry and pick for the best MAC game of 2011. By all accounts, Toledo’s known rival is Bowling Green but this game has more 2011 sizzle. Can NIU keep up with Toledo’s explosive offense? Does Toledo’s D have an answer for the MAC’s best QB, Chandler Harnish? Can a double QB set really work for Toledo?
All of these questions will be answered on Nov. 1st when NIU travels to Toledo.
4) Which bottom feeder from last season has looked most improved?
EMU has shocked me by going 2-0—even if it is against FCS teams. This team failed to win a game 2 seasons ago but it seems Ron English is making some gradual progress. This is great for the Michigan MAC teams and awesome for the conference.
5) List your MAC power rankings
1) Northern Illinois
4) Bowling Green
10) Kent State
11) Eastern Michigan